Monday, October 15, 2012

Almost 4 weeks

Miss Paige will be 4 weeks old tomorrow and here's the scoop.

Saturday Paige got to start nursing and also had her PICC line (like an IV) removed.  She is no longer on any medication or supplemental fluids. WooHoo!!

The only thing that stands between Paige and going home at this point is weight gain.  She has been teetering around the same weight or losing a little in the last few days and if she doesn't start gaining they will put the NG tube in her nose again to get more calories to her tummy.  Her current problem is that she is burning more calories than she is consuming so she needs to increase her efficiency and intake.  She's as cute as ever and we just can't wait to get her home so if you need a purpose for prayer you can keep praying for this sweet miracle.  It's such a joy to be with her and I feel so blessed that I have had so much time alone to snuggle Paige in the NICU but I miss my kids and I miss being home.  I'm grateful for competent care and a safe place for Paige to learn to thrive but I also miss home and family.  Her recovery has been amazing and much faster than anticipated by me or any medical professional and as a family we are tremendously grateful.  We are so grateful for her health and growth and speedy recovery... now we're just hoping her appetite and efficiency will improve. We're so proud of Paige and what a trooper she is!

5 comments:

jenni said...

She is as DARLING as ever!!! And certainly an allstar girl! Love you!

Scott and Jessie Allen said...

She is so beautiful. I am so happy for you!!!

Jill Rogers said...

Can I just kiss her cheeks yet?!

Marielle said...

She is the cutest baby ever! So strong too. Ups and downs with lots more ups is wonderful. :) We love you Paige!

Laura said...

Oh she is so precious! I remember those last days of just praying and hoping for the LAST thing on the checklist to take them home! She's made such incredible progress and I'm so impressed with you and your strength. NICU babies are a miracle, a blessing, and a trial of our faith. I'm in awe of you! We will be praying for her to chow down and stay strong!