It is past midnight as I write this so she is officially a week and one day, but this is the 1 week old report from Wednesday...
Her new tube marks good progress, so I can be happy about it. The new tube is in preparation for (hopefully) getting her first tiny feeds. In the coming days she will get pedialyte through her NG tube to see how her body responds. If she can tolerate it they will move to half breastmilk/half pedialyte and then eventually breastmilk. Feeding is a huge deal so we are really excited to see how she does and we are hoping she can put on a few ounces with the "feeding" so that she can graduate out of an isolette and into a bassinet. She has to get back to 4 pounds before she can do that and she is currently about 3 lbs 13oz. I can't wait to stare at her directly instead of through the plastic isolette... and have a few more pictures turn out because they won't be through the plastic. Okay, silly reasons, but it also is just because it means progress. Temperature regulation and moving to a bassinet are more tiny steps towards coming home. I just can't wait to get this sweet bundle all healthy and HOME. I miss her every minute I am away.
Today was such a sweet day. I loved seeing her face and helping clean her little mouth and cheeks. She's just so precious, I can't get enough of her. She had her 2 longest alert periods today and all through the tube switching and the time I held her afterward she was alert and looking around. Then she drifted into the sweetest light sleep and kept having those dreamy little baby smiles. I don't care if they are involuntary... those smiles melt my heart. She is so much cuter than pictures capture and I just love staring into her eyes or watching her sleep. This time is so special and while I do wish she were healthy and home, I also recognize how precious this time is that I get to enjoy this infant in the quiet solitude of the NICU. I just feel blessed. No other words describe it.
7 comments:
I love reading these updates and see pictures. What a sweet little thing! We'll keep prayer for a speedy trip home.
She is just perfect. I am happy you were able to get more pictures of her. Keep the faith and before you know it she will home with you and the rest of the family. Hugs and kiss to you all. We think of you all!
Oh, she is SO stinkin' cute! Definitely fits with her two darling siblings! I can't wait to see her in person! Way to go sis. Keep celebrating the seemingly "little" things... they are HUGE! Love you 5 tons!
She is really cute. She is related to her brother and sister for sure. She looks so sweet and wonderful. Makes me want to come out there and visit your sweet family. I am so glad she is doing well and improving. Little blessings are big blessings and still blessings.
Love you guys.
I love reading your updates. She is darling. I hope you get her home soon!
She is beautiful! I am so happy for you two!!! :) Can't wait to join you in the ranks of motherhood!
Post a Comment